UPDATED MARCH 26, 2020
In light of the current COVID-19 concerns, the Cary Downtown Farmers Market is taking every measurable precaution and preparation to this evolving situation. We appreciate your understanding and continued support as we navigate through this time together. While we are currently maintaining regular operations, your Farmers Market experience may look a bit different as we adapt protocols necessary to mitigate the risk of the virus.
The health and well-being of our Market friends, patrons, vendors, and volunteers is our first priority. We encourage you and your family to take everyday measures to stay healthy, stay informed and follow public health advice.
To help prevent the spread of the virus and support the health of our community:
- Please avoid the Market if you are not feeling well or have people in your household that are ill.
- Practice “social distancing” while visiting the Market, maintain 6ft from one another(approx 2 arm lengths). All Vendor booths will be set up to allow plenty of space while waiting in line.
- Please, only one customer or family unit in a tent at a time. Try to keep 6′ of space between yourself and others.
- Allow your vendors to pick up and bag your purchases, please do not touch anything that you are not going to purchase. Some Vendors are offering home delivery or pre-bag services. Please check in with the Vendors to see who is offering this specific service.
- Please do not return egg cartons, clamshells or other containers to any Vendor.
- Be sure to thoroughly wash your hands on a regular basis.
- The Market will provide hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes on a weekly basis.
- Vendors will be wiping down surfaces with disinfectant frequently.
- Please pay with credit/debit cards if possible, avoid handling money/coins.
- Vendors will not be using tablecloths to allow for ease and regular sanitation of surfaces.
- Food tasting, samples, and demonstrations has been ceased.
- All events have been postponed until further notice: this includes kid’s activities, live music, Chef’s Corner and special events.
Thank you for being a loyal patron of the Market and your trust as we navigate this difficult and challenging situation. As an integral part of Downtown Cary, we are privileged to connect with the community and believe in the importance of building and strengthening relationships between consumers, farmers, and the public.